Diving Accidents and Diving Safety Reports
Occupational diving is recognised as a high risk activity, but thankfully is in practice a very safe undertaking with a very low injury and/or fatality rate. This is due to the high standard of training and assessment of occupational divers and the relatively strict regulation of the industry. Accidents involving divers do happen, though, and we can all learn lessons from these unfortunate events.
- “A Tragedy in Central Washington”, Underwater Magazine, 1997
- “Troubled Waters”, Underwater Magazine, 1998
- “Charges laid in death of urchin diver”, The Halifax Herald Ltd, 2003
- “Fish farmer to enter plea in drowning case”, The Halifax Herald Ltd, 2003
- Divers foot stuck in 10 inch pipe (India), 2009
- “Deepwater Horizon’s Final Hours”, The New York Times, 2010