Also See: Offshore Supervisor Certification
Before commencing your application please read the following instructions then start the application at the bottom of the page:
- View the ADAS Conditions of Certification page
- View the ADAS Certification Fees
- Have electronic copies of your passport or suitable alternative and a passport style photo
- Have electronic copies of your relevant documentation (see opposite)
- Have your preferred payment option ready (credit card, PayPal, cheque, EFT transfer).
Offshore Supervisor Certification Arrangements
Please read the Offshore Supervisor Certification Arrangements document before you begin your application. This document provides details about certification requirements and prerequisites needed for each type of offshore supervisor certification.
As part of the application process, candidates are required to successfully complete the IMCA Offshore Supervisor online examination in formal exam conditions. Details about this exam will be provided once the application form is received and approved by ADAS.
You can prepare for this exam by completing the supervisor specific ADAS online revision modules. See the ADAS Online Sites page for more details about these modules.
NOTE: The form will take approximately 30 minutes to complete. The form can NOT be saved so please allow sufficient time and ensure that you have all your files to complete the process.
Provide a high quality electronic copy of the photo and identity page of your Passport. If you do not possess a passport, provide one of the following forms of photo ID: Driver’s Licence or National Identification Card.
Passport Style Photograph
Provide a high quality electronic copy of current COLOUR passport style photograph that has been taken in the last twelve (12) months. Ensure your picture is sharp and in focus and has been taken against a light, neutral background. Please avoid a heavy or dark background colour.
All Offshore Supervisor certification applicants must complete ALL sections of the application form relevant to the type of certification being applied for. The certification options on this form include:
- Offshore Air Supervisor – from a Trainee Offshore Supervisor Air (TOSA) certification
- Offshore Bell Supervisor – from a Trainee Offshore Supervisor Bell (TOSB) certification
- Offshore Bell Supervisor – from a substantive Offshore Air Supervisor certification
The documentation required for each of the certifications listed varies, therefore it is important that you select the correct type of certification being applied for when you begin the application.
NOTE: The offshore supervisor application fee is comprised of a non-refundable assessment fee, and a certification fee. If you do not meet all the application requirements and prerequisites or fail the application process, the certification fee will be refunded to you, but you will forfeit the assessment fee.
Dive Log and Panel Hours Matrix
Dive Log Matrix
- Dive number
- If logs have been stamped and signed
Trainee Supervisor Panel Hours Matrix
- Page number
- Number of dives on each page
- Number of dives accrued
- Excursion depth
- Hours/mins of each dive
- Type of dive
- Accrued hours/mins
- Dive supervisor name and ADAS/IMCA certification number
Provide a high quality electronic copy of the front and back of your valid National Certification. Please note that at present ADAS only recognises trainee and substantive Offshore Supervisor certifications from the International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) and the Diver Certification Board of Canada (DCBC).
ADAS will contact the issuer of your national certification for verification and validation, please ensure that your national certification is valid and meets all requirements of the issuing country.
NOTE: You may need to compress your dive log files to upload them to this form. The maximum file size for each field is 50MB.
Provide electronic copies of your diver/supervisor logbook showing evidence that you have undertaken the required offshore air dives and trainee panel hours to support your application. Diver logs must show the name and signature of the diving supervisor, and supervisor logs must show a company stamp and supervisor signature.
For Offshore Air supervisor applicants, the amount of logs you need to submit depend on whether your sponsoring company if an IMCA member or not. The differences are shown below.
IMCA Member Companies
- Commercial air dives: 30 logbook pages showing dives undertaken both before and after gaining a trainee air supervisor certification
- Trainee panel hours: 30 logbook pages showing:
- First logs are training course completion
- Most recent logs
- Even distribution of pages between the first and last pages
- Page numbering visible and ‘running totals’ field ascending page by page
- Commercial air dives: logbook showing 200 offshore commercial air dives
- Trainee panel hours: Logbook showing 200 panel hours on a minimum of 100 surface dives over a minimum of 60 days while working as a trainee air supervisor
If you are claiming time in the ADAS simulator to assist your application, ensure this is clearly shown in your logbook/s.
If you do not hold logbook evidence of your recent commercial diving experience, please contact ADAS for further advice.